If you’re looking for a procedure that can sculpt your stomach and achieve a smooth, firm look, look no further than the tummy tuck. If you’re tired of fighting the fat, this procedure can give you the shapely body that you want. Here at Rios Center for Plastic Surgery, we are proud to offer this option and encourage you to learn more about it.
What is a Tummy Tuck?
A tummy tuck is the popular term for an abdominoplasty. This is a cosmetic surgical procedure that tightens loose and sagging skin around the stomach. It’s often done in conjunction with a breast lift as part of a mommy makeover, but it can also be done on its own.
Many people have trouble getting a firm, flat stomach even after years of diet and exercise. This is especially true for women who have experienced childbirth or people who have lost a lot of weight quickly. A tummy tuck removes the excess skin and fat to create a firm, sexy stomach. In addition to the positive cosmetic and medical outcomes, perhaps the best result is the way it boosts your self-esteem.
- Flat, firm stomach
- Smoothing of wrinkled, sagging skin
- Improved self-confidence
- Healthy, toned appearance
- Ventral hernia correction – After certain surgeries including a C-section or appendectomy, your intestine can break through the abdominal wall. This creates a hernia known as a ventral hernia. The symptoms of a ventral hernia are similar to those of weak abdominal muscles. It leads to slack muscles and painful pressure on your intestine. A tummy tuck can fix this problem.
- Improved muscle tone – After this procedure, your stomach won’t just look firm and toned. It actually will be firm and toned, with stronger muscles around the spine and back. This gives you stronger muscles, better posture and less back pain.
- Relief of incontinence – A tummy tuck creates a small blockage at the top of the bladder. If you suffer from urinary incontinence, this small block is often enough to reduce or stop the incontinence.
- Ability to maintain weight loss – Studies have found that people who had tummy tucks after losing weight were much less likely to gain weight after the surgery. This was especially true of people who had the tummy tuck after having surgery for weight loss.
Is a Tummy Tuck Right for You?
If you’re interested in learning more about what a tummy tuck can do for you, please feel free to make an appointment with Rios Center for Plastic Surgery. At our office i Edinburg, TX, our caring and devoted team of professionals will be happy to explain this option in full and answer any questions you may have. Contact us today to set up your consultation!