If your breasts are sagging because of breastfeeding, pregnancy or age, or if you simply don’t like the appearance of your breasts, a breast lift may be a good option for you. Breasts lift surgery is not as popular a topic as breast implants, but it can have enormous aesthetic benefits, as well as a positive impact on a woman’s overall health.
A breast lift is a cosmetic surgical procedure that will restore a firmer and aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. It may help you have more youthful and feminine proportions, and your bras, swimsuits and other clothing will fit better.
The procedure typically involves removing excess, stretched skin and reshaping the natural breast tissue. It raises the areolas and nipples, making the breasts look more youthful.
There are so many reasons to opt to undergo this procedure. Some of the top reasons to get a breast lift are:
1. To improve the appearance of the breasts or restore them to their pre-pregnancy appearance after delivery and breastfeeding. Even in young women, pregnancy can bring changes such as stretched and drooping breasts. This may be repaired with a breast lift without requiring breast implants.
2. To improve the contour of the breasts after significant weight loss. When you lose a large amount of weight, there is a chance you will have loose skin all over the body. You may be able to remedy this on other parts of your body through exercise, but that may not work for your breasts. It may look as if the bulk of your breast tissue has moved downward. If they have lost volume and shape, a breast lift may be the answer.
3. To improve the natural droopiness that comes with age. One of the features cosmetic surgeons look for is if the nipple hangs below the crease under the breast. This is a good sign that a breast lift may help remove the stretched skin and sagging. This kind of droopiness commonly develops with age as the skin loses elasticity.
4. To simply improve the appearance of your breasts. Some women have mismatching and odd-shaped breasts right from puberty. Others have pendulous breasts and the upper portion of the breasts have lost volume. A breast lift may not significantly alter the size of the breasts, but it will make them look rounder and fuller, and the breasts will match.
5. To improve self-image. Today’s fashion trends accentuate the natural shape of the body. If you are dissatisfied with your appearance because of the shape, volume or position of your breasts, a breast lift may help you feel more confident.
When you have a consultation with our surgeon at Rios Center for Plastic Surgery in Edinburg, you can discuss the issues you have with your breasts. There are several options for improving their appearance, including breast lift and breast augmentation. Dr. Rios can help you decide the best procedure to give you the firm, attractive breasts you have always wanted. Contact us today to schedule an appointment!